So many neighborhoods, so little time…
- SellwoodAlthough known as one of Portland’s best neighborhoods for antiques and collectables, we love Sellwood for the neighborhood feel, walkability and all around shopping. Jade Teahouse and Patisserie which is run by the great mother and daughter team of Lucy and April Eklund is one of our favorite causal places to get a bite to eat in or take home. For a bit more upscale experience go Italian at a Cena.
- The HawthorneIt’s no mystery why we chose this neighborhood. Hawthorne Blvd offers the best of everything: nightlife, great food and wonderful shopping. Walk everywhere anytime or take the 14 Bus. Don’t miss Bagdad Theatre and Pub and Powell’s Books. Click here for more details about the hood where our rental house is located!
- Ladd’s AdditionDeveloped between 1903 and 1925 this intriguing area is Portland’s oldest planned development. It is bordered by SE Hawthorne, Division, 12th and 20th Streets. The main streets SE Ladd and Elliott Avenues form a large “X” that meets in a central park called “Ladd’s Circle.” We absolutely love to walk down Hawthorne on a Sunday morning then turn right on SE Elliott Ave on an angle and walk into the Rose Garden. We then stop for a restorative Coffee and Nosh at Palio Dessert & Espresso House and walk back to the 47th street house through the neighborhood on Harrison, which turns into Lincoln.
- Mississippi Avehere.
- Multnomah"The Village” is at the intersection of Capital Highway and Multnomah Blvd. Our favorite area in SW Portland. Don’t miss Indigo Traders for soaps, Turkish towels and other treats from the Middle East. The sweet Annie Bloom’s, an independent bookstore, is also worth the trip. Finally, if you find yourself in town of an evening make sure to stop by Sip D'Vine, a totally laid back wine bar that we love.
- Lake Oswego
All Photos (unless otherwise noted) © 2014 Crosby Dove Photography, Portland OR
(503) 473-6230 | CROSBYDOVE@GMAIL.COM
© 2012 John Cummings. All Rights Reserved | 628B Prospect Row, San Mateo, CA 94401 | (855) 242-5577 | Contact Me